This billing policy applies to the following borrowers:
Regular items (not recalled)
- 3 days before an item is due, courtesy notice is emailed
- 6 days after the due date, an overdue notice is emailed
- 45 days after the due date, replacement bill is emailed (minimum of $60.00 replacement, $20.00 billing)
- 46 days after due date, library account is blocked - no privileges until the account has been resolved.
- Items returned within 45 days, $9.00 (per item) overdue fee is assessed. This is non-negotiable
- If the item is returned after 45 days, a $20.00 (per item) overdue fee is assessed. This is non-negotiable.
- The due date is changed to 2 weeks from the recall date.
- An email is sent to the patron informing them of the new due date.
- After 2 weeks, if not returned, the patrons account will be blocked until the item is returned.
- If returned 2 weeks after the due date a non-negotiable $9.00 fee is assessed on each recalled item.
- Anyone, regardless of status, can have a book recalled.
- Manage your account on-line or call the Library to verify the status of items on your account:
- (McHenry) 831-459-5185
- (S&E) 831-459-5300.
Journal, Reference, and Library Use Only
- Same billing cycle as regular books except the non-negotiable $9.00 fee is assessed 3 days after the due date.
Reserves, Equipment and Protect Collection
- $5.00 for the first hour or partial hour
- $2.00 each hour thereafter
- The maximum fee per item is $75.00.
- After 72 hours Reserve items will be considered lost. The borrower will be billed for the cost of replacing the item, the amount accrued in overdue fees, and a library billing fee of $20.00.
- Upon return of the item, only the replacement cost of the item will be canceled, If the item has not been replaced by the library.
Fines accrue even while the library is closed.
There are no exceptions: Reserve items are unique and failure to return them infringes on the right of access to other library patrons. These fees are non-negotiable.
- A courtesy reminder (overdue) notice is sent within 1 to 2 weeks of the due date
- 3 weeks after the due date, a notice of bill pending is sent.
- 4 weeks after the due date, the item is billed ($125.00 minimum and $20.00 processing fee).