This billing policy applies to all borrowers.
Regular items (not recalled)
- 3 days before an item is due, courtesy notice is emailed
- 3, 12, and 24 days after the due date, an overdue notice is emailed
- 30 days after the due date, lost item bill is emailed (minimum of $60.00)
- The due date is changed to 2 weeks from the recall date.
- An email is sent to the patron informing them of the new due date.
- After 2 weeks, if not returned, the patrons' account will be blocked until the item is returned.
- Anyone, regardless of status, can have a book recalled.
Journal, Reference, and Library Use Only
- Same billing cycle as regular books.
Reserves, Equipment and Protect Collection
- $2.00 each hour or partial hour.
- The maximum overdue fee per item is $75.00.
- After 15 days, Reserve items will be considered lost. The borrower will be billed for the cost of replacing the item and a nonrefundable billing fee.
- Fines accrue even while the library is closed.
There are no exceptions: Reserve items are unique and failure to return them infringes on the right of access to other library patrons. These fees are non-negotiable.
- A courtesy reminder (overdue) notice is sent within 1 to 2 weeks of the due date
- 3 weeks after the due date, a notice of bill pending is sent.
- 4 weeks after the due date, the item is billed ($125.00 minimum and $20.00 processing fee).