This billing policy applies to the following borrowers:
- Courtesy Borrowers
- Friends of the Library
Regular items (not recalled)
- 3 days before an item is due, courtesy notice is emailed
- 3, 12, and 24 days after the due date, an overdue notice is emailed
- 30 days after the due date, replacement bill is emailed (minimum of $60.00 replacement)
- The due date is changed to 2 weeks from the recall date.
- An email is sent to the patron informing them of the new due date.
- After 2 weeks, if not returned, the patrons account will be blocked until the item is returned.
- Anyone, regardless of status, can have a book recalled.
Journal, Reference, and Library Use Only
- Same billing cycle as regular books.
Reserves, Equipment and Protect Collection
- $2.00 each hour or partial hour
- The maximum fee per item is $75.00
- After 72 hours, Reserve items will be considered lost. The borrower will be billed for the cost of replacing the item and the amount accrued in overdue fees.
Fines accrue even while the library is closed.
There are no exceptions: Reserve items are unique and failure to return them infringes on the right of access to other library patrons. These fees are non-negotiable.
- A courtesy reminder (overdue) notice is sent within 1 to 2 weeks of the due date
- 3 weeks after the due date, a notice of bill pending is sent.
- 4 weeks after the due date, the item is billed ($125.00 minimum and $20.00 processing fee).