Activating Your Library Barcode
Your library barcode is found on your student ID card. This barcode must be activated before it's valid. Please visit the circulation desk at either McHenry Library or the Science & Engineering Library to activate your account, or call the circulation desk at either library. Please use the entire number without the spaces or dashes when requesting items.
Faculty and Staff:
Your barcode is located on your library card. The card type can vary based on account type and other factors, but staff and faculty ID cards often serve as your library card. If you have trouble locating it, have lost your card, or are unsure if it's activated, please call or come into the library.
All users may activate their library barcodes and library accounts by using the Contact the Library form at the bottom of the Contact Us page. For immediate assistance and activation, please use call or visit the library.
Requesting Using Melvyl
1) Find the item in Melvyl.
2) Select the Request button.
3) Submit the request information form.
For detailed instructions, see: Melvyl How-to Guide
Requesting using the Citation Linker (for complete citations)
1) Fill in the citation information and select continue.
2) Choose the appropriate option from the UC-eLinks menu. Note that local access with be listed, if available.
3) To begin an ILL request, choose "Request this from the library" and submit the information form.
For detailed instructions, see: UC-eLinks How-to Guide