Law reviews present scholarly discussions of legal issues and always cite court cases. Use Westlaw Next, HeinOnline (Law Journal Library), LexisNexis Academic or Academic Search Complete:
Select Secondary Sources from the main page
Enter your search terms
Refine your results using the options on the left side of screen
- Legal News: Select News, then enter your search terms into the search box, pull down the Sources menu to "Legal News Group File ".
Find recent information about a case or topic
- Law Reviews: Select Legal, then enter your search terms and click "Search" (the default search is in Law Reviews)
Find scholarly interpretations of cases and analysis of topics and issues raised in cases. Law reviews cite numerous court cases to support their points.
Academic Search Complete
- Type in words or terms that describe your topic. Ex: "abortion cases"
- Select at least one article that looks best and view the abstract or text
- Select the "Find More Like This" option
- Click on a Subject Term to narrow down the topic
Find books with Library Search
Do a subject search adding "cases" at the end of the subject heading
i.e. "abortion cases" or add on "law and legislation," i.e."abortion law and legislation