We assist UCSC faculty, staff, researchers and graduate students with strategies and tools for organizing, managing and preserving research data throughout the research data life cycle.
Create a Data Management Plan
Manage Your Data
- Let us help with best practices for file naming, file organization, file formats, archival data storage, metadata creation and data sharing options.
Publish, Preserve & BackUp
- Find an appropriate data archive or repository in consultation with a librarian to deposit your data sets for discovery, sharing and reuse.
- Manage your paper or data set with a unique persistent identifier. Request a DOI (Digital Object Identifier)
Find Data for Reuse
- No matter what your discipline, let us help you find reusable data.
- A number of reliable open source data archives are available.