2. If desired, add images that you have uploaded into your ARTstor Personal Collection.
(See how to upload images into your personal collection here.)
3. Open the image group, expand the "Share" menu, and choose "Generate image group URL".
Then copy and paste the URL into a document or web page.
Copy image groups saved into your own work folder into a shared folder.
Open the image group that you would like to copy into the shared folder. Expand the "Organize" menu and choose "Save image group as..."
Select the shared folder that you have created (make sure the name is highlighted as shown), give your image group a name, and save it.
You can also make image groups and save them directly into the shared folder, although we recommend that you save all groups in your own work folder and make copies for the shared folder.
A. Set up a shared folder
1. Log in to your ARTstor account. (Need an account? Register here.)
Choose the "Share" menu, and select "Create folder." Note: if this option is grey in the menu, your account does not have instructor privileges. Please e-mail UCSC ARTSTOR administrator to obtain this higher level of access.
2. Give your folder a simple and obvious name.
Please use your course department and number. You may also want to include your name and the quarter, as "Library Instruction 101 (Egan) - Fall 2009".
3. Choose a password for your folder.
You will need to give this password to your students to enable them to access the folder. You cannot re-use passwords, each shared folder must have its own password.
3a. Option: To give teaching assistants to edit images or image groups, choose "Selected users with password".
You will be prompted to create a password for "write" access, which is different from the first password you created.
4. Assign Student Work folders. Allows students to create their own folders of images, accessible to you and other students.
If you enable this feature, you will be prompted for an expiration date for the student folders.
5. To finish the process, click "Finished".
To change settings, return to the "Share" menu and select "Manage folder(s)".