The Northern Regional Library Facility (NRLF) is an off-site University of California cooperative library storage facility located in Richmond, the first of its kind in California.
Items that are stored in NRLF will have the location "NRLF Storage" in the UCSC Cruzcat library catalog. Items are retrieved using UCSC's Interlibrary Loan service.
NRLF Facts and Figures:
- Located on the grounds of UC Berkeley's Richmond Field Station
- Offers high-density, low-cost housing for infrequently used library materials belonging to northern California libraries
- Depositors to NRLF are libraries are UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Merced, UC San Francisco, UC Santa Cruz, and the California State Library
- As of June 2012, the Facility held over 5.9 million items (mostly books and journal volumes, but also microfilm, maps, audio discs, manuscripts, archives, and other formats normally collected by research libraries).
- Staff at the Facility receive, process, and create machine-readable records for newly deposited materials, which normally amount to about 200,000 items per year, and provide circulation, interlibrary lending, and document delivery services of approximately 100,000 items per year.