The Map Room has closed and materials are being relocated to McHenry Library.
Most items are currently available.
Historic Maps (local & unique) and maps of California:
- see "Historic Maps" for more details
- Print collection will be in Special Collections and viewed by appointment. Call 459-2364 to request a viewing time. Please make requests at least 24 hours in advance.
- Reference books and atlases will be dispersed to McHenry and Science & Engineering libraries, depending on call number.
- See Cruzcat Catalog for updated location information, probably in February or March.
- Wall maps remain at the Science & Engineering Library and may be circulated to instructors.
Topo Maps, Nautical Charts, Foreign Country Maps
- Current topo maps of our local region are with the aerial photo collection in Digital Initiatives. Call 459-4183 for more information.
- Current and superseded 7.5' topographical maps of California, topo maps of the U.S. at the 1:100,000 and 1:250,000 scale, nautical charts, and maps of foreign countries will stay in the Science and Engineering Library’s open stacks.
- Maps of California, unique and historical maps, and oversize maps will move to Special Collections and Archives.
- Maps for classes may be put on reserve.
- Many current USGS maps are available online and can be printed for instructors needing physical copies. Contact Digital Initiatives with printing requests.
- Maps on the “give away” tables in the Science and Engineering Library are outdated titles that were not cataloged, have received very little use, are not unique and and would be discarded regardless of the Map Room closure.